Saturday, January 12, 2019

Matthew 1 and Luke 1

Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

The story that stood out to me in this week's reading is the story of Elisabeth and Zacharias who had to wait many, many years for their prayers to be answered. This has been quite a challenging couple of years for me and our family. When Chloe was on her mission, I decided to change jobs from McCarthy to Ledcor. This was a very difficult decision for me, but I felt inspired to do so. I asked Grandpa Bud for a blessing. I remember in the blessing that I was blessed to feel the direction of the Lord and also to know that Heavenly Father was watching out for my missionary and was holding her in His very hands (a week later Chloe left Utah for Argentina.) This blessing gave me a lot of peace.

Despite feeling directed to change jobs, things at Ledcor did not turn out the way I planned. However, upon being let go, when Ledcor decided to close the US offices, they gave me the college housing project. I held on to the belief and hope that the housing project would make leaving McCarthy worth it. I know all the delays on the deal have turned into a family joke, but for me it is a matter of faith and hope that things will work out for our family. And, yes, boys it is more than just being "clutch in the 4th quarter". Mom sent me that quote on top from Elder Maxwell during one of the last discouraging delays. I believe that I have to have faith in the Lord's timing. I believe it will all work out, but if not, I still have faith.

I know some of you are discouraged about delayed blessings. Have hope. Have faith. It will all work out.

Elder Neal A. Maxwell said, "We may at times assume that the plan of salvation requires merely that we endure and survive when, in fact, as is always the case with the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is required of us not only that we endure, but also that we endure well, that we exhibit 'grace under pressure.' This is necessary, not only so that our own passage through the trial can be a growth experience, but also because (more than we know) there are always people watching to see if we can cope, who therefore may resolve to venture forth and to cope themselves" (But For a Small Moment).

Dad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks dad for your comments about not faultering in our faith when things take longer than expected! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Matthew 6-7 “He Taught Them as One Having Authority”

I really enjoyed studying this week’s chapters. There is so much content to touch on in these chapters but I’ll just choose a few things th...