For the sake of brevity and because we are about to play Bang with Tori's family I won't write that much. This video talks about the wise men's gifts from Matthew 2:11.
I particularly like his thought for the symbolism of the ancient uses of frankincense and myrrh. I believe we all think of the Savior when we hear the any of the words: gold, frankincense, myrrh or wise men but what else reminds you of the Savior?
I love the Savior and want to be better at "always remember[ing] him." To help me remember him I'm going to set a trigger on my phone that goes off every time my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth that says look and remember.
Let me know in the comments, what helps you remember the Savior?
I wanted to post some brief thoughts even though Camron posted a week ago. One thing that automatically shifts my focus to the Savior is being out in nature. If there is one place in specific I had to comes to mind, it would be Gpa Jack's rock. When I take a minute to forget about my worries and enjoy the beauty of the earth, God's beauty, I feel closer to my Savor.
ReplyDeleteI also love Pine Valley and sitting on that rock :) It is a good place for thinking and feeling God's love.
ReplyDelete