This week we study the temptations of Jesus. All are tempted.
This is a great talk on temptation by Elder and Sister Holland from their BYU days. I used to love how they would stand at the pulpit together and speak to the students setting an example of marriage and companionship that touched my soul. We called these speeches the "Jeff and Pat Show." I love them so much.
Enjoy :)
Inconvenient Messiah There is no video, but you can listen to the audio version of the talk
Also, I lived in Virginia at the time of the plane crash that he described. I remember sitting in my kitchen watching the live footage on the news. My recollection is that I was eating a snack after school, and my mom and I were watching television. This was a breaking news story. The news showed the man jump from the bridge to save the woman. I watched the man pass the ring, and my mother cried when the helicopter went back for him and found him gone. These images are seared into my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.